CSG vs LKK Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Final TNPL 2022
The 2022 Tamil Nadu Premier League concludes with Chepauk Super Gillies, the current holders, taking on Lyca Kovai Kings in the Final on Sunday. The Super Gillies confirmed their place in the last two with a 5 wicket win over Nellai Royal Kings on Wednesday. The Kovai Kings beat the same opponents on Friday. Read on as we preview this game. The Final gets underway at the SNR College Cricket Ground, Coimbatore at 19:15 local time.
The Super Gillies had a wretched start to this tournament with the pressure of being Champions seemingly too much. However, they have won all of their last six games with their confidence now sky high.
We have seen one of the greatest turnarounds in sporting history from Lyca Kovai Kings. They have turned from a bottom of the table side to being one win away from the championship and are in fantastic form.
Chepauk Super Gillies vs Lyca Kovai Kings T20 Match Live streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports 1.
CSG vs LKK Match Toss Prediction
Both teams have chosen to field first whenever they have won the toss in the tournament and we predict that they will maintain this in this game.
CSG vs LKK Match Pitch Report
We have seen some big scores in Coimbatore and saw both teams post totals over 200 on Friday. Expect a high scoring game with plenty of turn on offer for the spin bowlers.
There are thunderstorms scheduled in the afternoon and during the late evening on Sunday in Coimbatore. It could well be that the game is unaffected but expect very humid conditions throughout the match.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Chepauk Super Gillies vs Lyca Kovai Kings, Final TNPL 2022.
Chepauk Super Gillies Team News & Playing 11
CSG Team News
The Super Gillies have delivered consistent performances with the bulk of the same XI selected for all games. They recovered from losing two wickets in the opening over in Qualifier 1 to get home which enabled the middle order to get valuable time at the crease. There are no injuries or illnesses in the side.
CSG Key Players
- Kaushik Gandhi- he from the other end as Narayan Jagadeesan and Radhakrishnan were both dismissed in the first over on Wednesday. He showed grit to get his team through the tough period and he may well have to do the same in this match.
- Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore- the 25 year old slow left-arm bowler delivered with both bat and ball in the win over Nellai Royal Kings. His spin bowling will be well suited to the Coimbatore surface.
- Manimaran Siddharth- the 24 year old spinner has benefited from spending time around IPL squads over recent seasons. He dismissed both Nellai Royal Kings openers in the Qualifier 1.
CSG Team Form
The Super Gillies have won every game in the tournament since they lost to Siechem Madurai Panthers in Match 3. They also lost Match 1, but only via a Super Over.
Chepauk Super Gillies Predicted Playing 11
Kaushik Gandhi (c), Narayan Jagadeesan (wk), Radhakrishnan, Uthirasamy Sasidev, Rajagopal Sathish, Harish Kumar, Sonu Yadav, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Manimaran Siddarth, Sandeep Warrier, Ramadoss Alexander
Lyca Kovai Kings Team News & Playing 11
LKK Team News
Shahrukh Khan’s side have benefited from consistency of selection over recent games and have not been making changes for the sake of it. They were unchanged ahead of both of their play-off wins and we expect to see the same XI again for this Final.
LKK Key Players
- Suresh Kumar- the 31 year old keeper-batter has hit three half-centuries in this campaign. His highest score of the tournament came on the same pitch where this final will be played.
- Shahrukh Khan- the captain needs to be given credit for turning the fortunes of his team around this year. He hit 58 not out from 24 balls and got them over the line, in Coimbatore, in the Qualifier 2.
- Abhishek Tanwar- the 30 year old all-rounder has been too good for most batters this season. He dismissed Baba Aparajith and Baba Indrajith on Friday to maintain his very impressive record this year.
LKK Team Form
The Kovai Kings have won six of their last seven games to reach this Final. However, their only defeat during this run came against Chepauk Super Gillies in Coimbatore.
Lyca Kovai Kings Predicted Playing 11
Ganga Sridhar Raju, Suresh Kumar (wk), Sai Sudharsan, Shahrukh Khan (c), Abhishek Tanwar, U Mukilesh, Shijit Chandran, Ajith Ram, Balu Surya, R Divakar, Manish Ravi
CSG vs LKK Team Form in Last Five Matches
CSG : W W W W W
LKK : W W W W L
Chepauk Super Gillies vs Lyca Kovai Kings Head to Head
The Super Gillies have a very strong record against the Kovai Kings and registered a comfortable 5 wicket win in Match 17 earlier this month in Coimbatore. After winning the toss and choosing to field first, the Super Gillies restricted the Kovai Kings to 170-7 with Sai Kishore taking 2-25. In reply, Narayan Jagadeesan made 75 runs from 51 balls as they got home with seven balls remaining to register their sixth win in the fixture.
CSG vs LKK Head to Head Stats in T20
|Matches Played||CSG Won||LKK Won||Tie||NR|
Chepauk Super Gillies vs Lyca Kovai Kings Prediction
It has been a spectacular 2022 TNPL and this final, which brings together two teams both in sparkling form, should be a classic. We are expecting to see the Super Gillies and the Kovai Kings post scores over 200 although do not be surprised if some bowlers get on top of the batters. Lyca Kovai Kings have been brilliant in the second half of the tournament but we are predicting Chepauk Super Gillies to win this game to successfully defend their title.
Chepauk Super Gillies are favourites to beat Lyca Kovai Kings at 1.571