NED vs PAK 2nd ODI Match Prediction & Betting Tips
The second ODI between Pakistan and Netherlands takes place on Thursday at the Hazelaarweg Stadium, Rotterdam. Pakistan won an enthralling clash between the sides on Tuesday to get the series off to an exciting start. Defending 314, the visitors restricted the hosts to 298-8. Read on as we preview the second game of the series. This ODI gets underway at 11:00 local time.
Netherlands came very close to pulling off one of the biggest wins of their history when they came within 16 runs of Pakistan’s total on Tuesday. We wait to see if they can take that next step in this match.
Pakistan will argue that Netherlands were never going to overhaul their target but the hosts were still lurking in the game for longer than the visitors would have liked. We expect Pakistan to go up a level in this ODI.
Netherlands vs Pakistan 2nd ODI Match Live Streaming
TV channels: There is no confirmed TV coverage of this game.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on FanCode.
NED vs PAK Match Toss Prediction
Pakistan won the toss and chose to bat first in the first game of the series. Both teams like to post a total and it would be a surprise if either side decided to field first after winning the toss ahead of this game.
NED vs PAK Pitch Report
Mohammed Nawaz was the only spinner to take a wicket on this pitch in the opening ODI. There was good carry in the surface and we expect the pace bowlers to enjoy the wicket again.
There will be a mixture of cloudy spells and sporadic sunshine across this game. There is a chance of a shower during the early part of the second innings.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Netherlands vs Pakistan 2nd ODI Match 2022
Netherlands Team News & Playing 11
NED Team News
There were plenty of positives to take in the defeat for the home side in the opening game of the series. Max O’Dowd, Wesley Barresi and Bas de Leede – all players they would expect to make runs – did not make big contributions on Tuesday, but if they can deliver in this match then the result could be different. We anticipate no changes to the XI.
NED Key Players
- Vikramkit Singh – The 19 year old left-handed opener hit his highest score in this format on Tuesday. He will need to score at a quicker rate in this game after scoring 65 runs from 98 balls.
- Scott Edwards – The captain continued his very impressive run of form in ODI cricket with 71 not out from 60 balls in the first game. The 25 year old averages 42.38
- Logan van Beek – The 31 year old was the most expensive of Netherlands’ bowlers but did pick up the wickets of Babar Azam and Khushdil Shah on Tuesday. He also scored a useful 28 runs from 24 balls at the end of the innings.
NED Team Form
Netherlands lost by 20 runs to West indies earlier this summer but Tuesday’s defeat was their closest against top drawer opposition.
Netherlands Predicted Playing 11
Vikramjit Singh, Max O’Dowd, Wesley Barresi, Bas de Leede, Tom Cooper, Scott Edwards (c) (wk), Teja Nidamanuru, Logan van Beek, Aryan Dutt, Tim Pringle, Vivian Kingma
Pakistan Team News & Playing 11
PAK Team News
After missing the opening ODI, left arm quick Shaheen Shah Afridi is also expected to be absent for this game. He suffered a knee injury on the recent tour of Sri Lanka but the team management are hopeful he could be available for the third ODI. Agha Salman and Naseem Shah made their ODI debuts in the opening match.
PAK Key Players
- Babar Azam – The right handed batter has now gone beyond 50 three times and 100 four times in his last eight ODI innings. He hit six fours and one six on Tuesday.
- Fakhar Zaman – The experienced opener scored a run a ball 109 in the opening ODI. He now averages 46.41 in this format.
- Naseem Shah – The 19 year old fast bowler became only the third Pakistan player to take 3+ wickets on ODI debut when he dismissed Max O’Dowd, Teja Nidamanuru and Tim Pringle.
PAK Team Form
Pakistan are racking up the wins in ODIs. They have won six games in a row since their last defeat at the end of March.
Pakistan Predicted Playing 11
Fakhar Zaman, Imam ul-Haq, Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Agha Salman, Khushdil Shah, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim, Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah
NED vs PAK Team Form in Last Five Matches
NED : L L L L L
PAK : W W W W W
Netherlands vs Pakistan Head to Head
Netherlands had previously lost by nine wickets, eight wickets and 97 runs in their ODIs against Pakistan. Tuesday’s defeat by only 16 runs represented a huge improvement for the hosts.
NED vs PAK Head to Head Stats in ODI
|Matches Played||NED Won||PAK Won||Draw||NR|
Netherlands vs Pakistan Prediction
We saw five individual scores over fifty on Tuesday with Fakhar Zaman turning his half-century into a three-figure total. We expect this game to also have some high scores and both sides could post totals over 300. We are predicting Pakistan to once again be too good for Netherlands.
Pakistan are favourites to beat Netherlands